Clickable links from the footnotes in the book so you can access information more easily.
Expand each section by clicking the side arrow to find the footnotes you are looking for. Note: books, URLS and downloads are included here but not references to academic papers or clarifying notes.
(16) Hanson, R (2013) Hardwiring Happiness. London: Penguin
(21) Dweck, C (2014) The power of believing you can improve. TED Talk: https://www.ted.com/talks/carol_dweck_the_power_of_believing_that_you_can_improve
(26) Sarah Fisher (2007) Unlock your dog's potential, David and Charles.
Also see YouTube videos such as: https://youtu.be/10C4qdizEtw
(27) Linda Tellington-Jones (2013), Getting in TTouch with Your Dog (2nd Edition), VT: Trafalgar Square Books
(28) Up (2009)
(29) Rugaas, T. (2006) On Talking Terms with Dogs: Calming Signals (2nd Edition). WA: Dogwise Publishing.
(30) Tim Gallwey (2001) The Inner Game of Work, NY: Random House
(31) Gutteridge, S (2019) Canine Communication: The Language of a Species. Independently published.
Aloff, B (2005) Canine Body Language, A Photographic Guide. WA: Dogwise.
Handelman, B (2008) Canine Behaviour, A Photo Illustrated Handbook. WA: Dogwise.
(36) Brené Brown, I thought it was just me (but it isn’t), Kindle Edition.
(38) Lili Chin - downloadable leaflet: http://blog.doggiedrawings.net/post/161598725951/spaceetiquettebooklet
(39) McDevitt, L (2019) Control Unleashed: Reactive to Relaxed. MA: Clean Run.
(40) McLennan, T (2018) Canine Aggression, Hubble and Hattie: Dorchester
Book: Craig Ogilvie (2017) Interactive Play Guide, First Stone Publishing
(54) Eileen Anderson, Thresholds in Dog Training…HOW Many?https://eileenanddogs.com/2014/02/25/thresholds-in-dog-training/
(55) Gallwey, WT (2000) The Inner Game of Work, NY: Random House.
(57) Burch, MR and Bailey, JS (1999) How Dogs Learn, NY: Wiley
(61) Latest information at the Facebook group ACE Connections.
(62) Relaxation Protocol can be downloaded here: https://championofmyheart.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/new-rp-2014.pdf from Karen Overall, Manual of Clinical Behavioural Medicine for Dogs and Cats, MO: Elsevier Mosby
(63) McDevitt, L (2019) Control Unleashed: Reactive to Relaxed. MA: Clean Run.
(64) Stewart, G (2016) Behaviour Adjustment Training 2.0: New practical techniques for fear, frustration and aggression in dogs, WA: Dogwise Publishing
(67) Audio version of Relaxation Protocol http://championofmyheart.com/relaxation-protocol-mp3-files/
(68) Pauline Jackson's great description of the 300 Peck method: http://www.druidalegsd.karoo.net/300peck.htm
(72) Leslie McDevitt's books: Control Unleashed: Reactive to Relaxed (2019), Control Unleashed: The Puppy Program (2012) and Control Unleashed: Creating a Focused and Confident Dog (2007). There is also a number of DVD sets: Foundation Seminar, Pattern Games and Game Demonstrations.
(75) Whitmore, J (2009) Coaching for performance: the principles and practice of coaching and leadership. (4th Edition) Boston: Nicholas Brealey.
(76) PC3 Project
(78) The lolly stick training tasks organiser: https://raisingageniuspuppy.com/2016/03/09/training-tasks-organizer/
(80) Brown, B. (2010). The gifts of imperfection: Let go of who you think you're supposed to be and embrace who you are. MI: Hazelden